What Type of Information Does the Company Collect?
Personal Information that may be collected by the Company may include:
- Your first or last name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, birthday, demographics information, and any other information you choose to give us.
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information.
- Starbucks Card information & My Starbucks Rewards™ account
We may also collect information about you such as:
- If you create an account - your username, password, your city of birth, your birthday, mobile phone number, and share the Starbucks India mobile app.
- If you buy goods at our stores or through our programs or otherwise - what you buy, where you buy, how frequently you buy and rewards you earn.
- If you use our mobile applications to get information or to buy goods using a 'Starbucks Card' or an 'eCard' - information such as your device ID, your location and stores near you and visited by you may be collected.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways - demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you.
The Company may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you.
We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
All such information shall be collected by us and retained on our servers.
How Does the Company Use Personal Information About You?
We may use information about you for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or our Starbucks India mobile app or with our Services. For example, we may use information about you to:
- Process and manage your purchase and use of our products and services, including your accounts and program participation.
- Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on our Sites, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other Site activities.
- Create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
- Communicate with you about your orders or purchases, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest or sweepstakes you have entered, and your requests for information.
- Communicate with you about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers.
Does the Company Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
The Company shares your personal information in limited ways, such as:
- We may share the information with companies that provide support services to us (such as credit card processors, mailing houses, human resource support, customer relationship management agency or website hosts or data managers), that help us market our products and services (such as email vendors, loyalty program support, etc.) and the Company or its affiliates. These entities may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
- If you participate in any blog or other online forum on our Sites, any personal information that you post on our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
We also note that sensitive personal data or information may be shared without obtaining prior consent from the provider of information, with Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain such information for the purposes of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. The Government agency is required to send a written request stating clearly the purpose for seeking such information and also undertake that it shall not publish or share the information with any other person. In case the information is proposed to be shared with any other third parties, we request you to provide us details of the same for including in the above list.
What Choices Does the Company Offer About Personal Information?
The Company offers choices for you to request to update, delete or change your personal information and how we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
- Call Customer Care at 18602660010.
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
You can usually choose to set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or Services on our Sites.
Further, you can choose to withdraw your consent to the use / disclosure/ retention of such information. In such a case, however the Company will have the option not to provide the goods or services, for the provision of which, the consent to use the information was sought.
How is Personal Information Secured?
The Company takes reasonable security measures and procedures, and as specified by Information Technology Act or any other applicable law, to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of sensitive personal information.
While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, you acknowledge and agree that no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Storing and Processing Your Information
Use by Minors
How We Protect Your Information
The Company protects your information using technical, physical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your information. Some of our safeguards include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls, and administrative informational controls. When you transmit highly sensitive information (such as a credit card number) through our website or in one of our mobile applications, we encrypt the transmission of that information using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your personal information, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction:
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy.
Our Customer Relations can be contacted by phone at 18602660010, via email at CustomerCare@tatastarbucks.com, or by postal mail to:
Tata Starbucks Private Limited
Tata Starbucks Private Limited,
Tower C wing,
2nd floor, Times Square,
Andheri Kurla road,
In case of any grievances you can contact:
Tata Starbucks Private Limited,
Tower C wing,
2nd floor, Times Square,
Andheri Kurla road